Thursday, August 2, 2007

Top Blog Referrers

Blog % Of Traffic
1. IAIN DALE 16.3%
2. GUIDO FAWKES 10.4%
3. INSPECTOR GADGET 9.2%
4. CONSERVATIVE HOME 7.5%
5. DIZZY THINKS 5.1%
6. CROYDONIAN 3.8%
7. LOOKING FOR A VOICE 3.1%
8. BIASED BBC 1.9%
9. PAUL BURGIN 1.8%
10. THE UK DAILY PUNDIT 1.7%

Since recording stats (since Oct 2006) here's a list of my top blog referrers. These stats were compiled by adding together all the hits from unique incoming links referring more than 10 readers. There were 145 such blogs, but the top 10 above made up 60.1% of this type of inward traffic. Interestingly, the top 30 referrers provided 79.7% of my hits in a fairly powerful example of the 80/20 rule.

Other points of note are as follows;

- Iain's, Guido's, Dizzy's and Croydonian's standing links to me were particularly active.
- Con Home and Biased BBC traffic came mainly from links highlighting particular posts.
- The amount of traffic from Inspector Gadget surprised me. He's only been going a year and he isn't even that prolific. I think this demonstrates the appetite for work blogs and I would suggest that it hints at a tendency amongst political bloggers to under-estimate the popularity of non-political blogs.
- Paul Burgin is my only left-leaning top ten entry, but then again not many lefties have had a standing link to me.

No comments: